Generation of 10MW solar energy started in Jhapa

123

Damak, Dec. 27: Generation of commercial solar energy has been started for the first time in Jhapa.

Jhapa Energy Company Limited (JECL) began the trial production of 10 MW solar energy from Tuesday evening.

The plant will produce 17,610,000 unit of electricity a year.

Narayan Prasad Pokharel, programme officer of the JECL, said that the solar energy produced at the plant located at Shivasatakshi Municipality-4 was connected with the sub-station of the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) located at Bulochowk for the trial production.

The trial has been successful.

The trial production will continue for 15 days and thereafter the commercial production will start, said Pokharel, after 15 days the NEA will purchase the solar energy as per the purchase agreement.

The NEA will buy the power for Rs.7.30 per unit as per the agreement.

An investment of Rs. 810 million has been made for the project, 75 per cent of investment is born by the Machhapuchhre Bank and Civil Bank and the remaining 25 per cent is invested by the people.

 

Source: Rising Nepal