SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and we have won numerous industry awards for technical excellence, including the 2011 Consult Australia Awards for Excellence, where SMEC won a record of four gold awards in four diverse project categories.
The SMEC Profile:
- It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
- We are a private company, wholly owned by our people
- We have an established network of 75 permanent offices around the world and over 5,000 employees
- We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Transport; Water; Natural Resources and Environment; Energy and Renewables; Geotechnical, Mining and Tunneling Services; Urban Development; Social Development; Government and Advisory Services.
We are currently seeking a talented Resident Engineer to manage and supervise one Rasuwagadhi HEP Project, in Nepal.
Design, Manufacturing, Supply, Erection, Testing, and Commissioning of all the hydro-mechanical equipment involved in the RGHEP including:
- Maintain existing key client relationships and satisfaction;
- Ensure appropriate technical standards, Quality Assurance (QA) and Environmental Management Systems (EMS) requirements are implemented, monitored and maintained on projects;
- Ensure procedures outlined in the Quality Plan are implemented and operated effectively and periodically review quality procedures and instructions, with recommendations of any necessary corrective actions or improvements;
- Ensure appropriate records are kept and maintained by site staff;
- Maintain a working relationship with the Contractor’s Representatives and keep the client fully informed of project developments including the approval of variations above the nominated monetary levels;
- Monitor staff utilisation levels and ensure staff are fully utilised;
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced in terms of numbers and capabilities;
- Ensure documentation, reporting and communication is to the required quality;
- Maintain professional development and remain abreast of advances in chosen technical field;
- Responsible for training and performance of the contract team members;
- Exercise functions and authorities are delegated; and
- Strictly adhere to SMEC’s Business Management System (BMS).
Suitable applicants must have/be:
- Master’s Degree in related field and professional experience over 20 years.
- More than 15 years’ experience in Hydropower project and having experience as RE in more than two Hydropower projects of installed capacity 100 MW or above.
- Personnel having more than 8 years working experience in overseas/country (outside the home country) with more than 5 years in a developed country.
- Communication fluency in English language
- Age not more than 60 years
How to apply
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at http://www.smec.com. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
- August 26, 2013
- Mid-Senior level
- Civil Engineering
- Employer Job ID:
- Job ID: