- Flexible and friendly working environment
- Excellent opportunity to become a valued member of SMEC’s multidisciplinary team
- Outstanding career prospects
SMEC is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high-quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects.
SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
The SMEC Profile:
- It is our culture to celebrate diversity, employ great people and work on interesting projects
- We are a private company, wholly owned by our people
- We have an established network of over 70 permanent offices around the world and over 5,000 employees
- We offer our people opportunities to work, both in Australia and internationally, in the areas of: Transport; Water; Geotechnics and Tunnels; Environment; Urban Development; Hydropower and Energy; Social Development; Government and Advisory Services; and Mining, Oil and Gas.
We are currently seeking a talented Team leader (TL) to work closely with our other specialists to SanjenHydroelectric Project in Nepal.
You will responsible for:
A. Procurement Phase
- Review Owner’s Requirement
- Assist Selection of Contractors
B. Project Management and Contract Administration
- Procedures for additional cost claims
- Develop protocols for review of HSE
- Procedures for Review of Request for payment
C. Engineering & Detailed Design review
- Establish review procedures
D. Supervision of Construction Activities
- Review, Asses and Analysis detailed program
- Carry out budget and cost forecast (BCF) Reports
- Coordinated Schedule
- Promptly notify the client of any unusual events
- Documents (DAB) and Arbitration (Additional)
- Monitor Contract Cost and Potential Claims
E. Project Management
- Monthly Progress Report
- Promote Good Project Relations
- Report problems that cannot be resolved
- Capacity Building for client executives
F. Reporting to SMEC
- Monthly review and Update project plan
- Cost Control
- Submission of invoice and follow up payment
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be:
- Graduate in Civil Engineering (BSc)
- 20 Years total experience
- 10-12 years’ experience in hydro power projects
- Experience as TL in one to two or more hydro power projects with installed capacity 60MW or more
- Age less than 60 years
- 8 years overseas experience – outside of home country (5 years in developed countries)
In return, SMEC offers you the benefits that come from working in a global multidisciplinary consultancy in an environment where your fresh ideas and enthusiasm will be welcomed and rewarded.
How to apply
To find out more about SMEC, please visit our careers page at http://www.smec.com. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
- August 27, 2013
- Mid-Senior level
- Civil Engineering
- Employer Job ID:
- Job ID: