KANCHANPUR: Property worth a huge amount has been damaged when a fire broke out at the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) substation in Dipayal of Doti district on Wednesday.
According to the substation chief Tek Bahadur Khadka, an electronic short circuit had caused the fire.
The fire had gutted a 15-KVA transformer connected to the substation and the feeder, he added.
The hilly districts of the Far-western Region including Doti have remained cut off from the electricity following the incident.
It has been learnt that the incident has been reported to the NEA central office and that the technicians are off to Doti from Kathmandu to restore the electricity supply.