Lower Likhu Hydro Project achieves financial closure

    579

    A consortium of banks led by Laxmi Bank Ltd has agreed to finance Lower Likhu Hydropower project. Lower Likhu Hydropower is a hydropower based in Likhu River in Ramechaap and Okhaldhunga district that is promoted by Shwet Ganga Hydropower and Construction.

    The overall cost of the project has been estimated at Rs 5.59 arba. The banks will be investing 75 percent of the total investment whereas remaining 25 percent will be invested by promoters and general investors will invest 25 percent to the project.

    The banks involved in consortium are Laxmi Bank, Kumari Bank, Century Commercial Bank, Prabhu Bank and Jalvidhyut Lagani and Bikas Company. Laxmi Bank will be investing the largest amount of 1.24 arba, Kumari Bank will invest Rs 1 arba, Century Commercial Bank will invest Rs 75 crore and Prabhu Bank will invest Rs 40 crore. While Jalvidhyut Lagani will invest Rs 80 crore in the project.

    Sanima Group and Dolma Impact Fund have jointly promoted Swet Ganga Hydropower and Construction.