KAILALI: A sub-station of the Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) in Lamki of Kailali has been destroyed in a fire on Thursday.
According to police Inspector Jagan Nath Khanal of the Area Police Office, Lamki, the reason behind the fire was electric short circuit.
He informed that the incident occurred when a sudden storm blew corrugated sheets off the roof of the building which collided with the electric lines at around 7: 30 today.
The collision immediately erupted fire in the transformers and the electric lines of 33 kV, encapsulating the building in its rage, Khanal added.
The fire was later taken under control with the help of police personnel, locals and people of neighbouring municipalities.
The fire completely destroyed the building and all the official documents of the office. However, detail of the properties gutted in the blaze is yet to be ascertained, he said.
Electricity supply in five Municipalities and two dozen VDCs of Kailali and Bardiya have been obstructed following the incident.
Kailali’s Tikapur, Lamki Chuha, Ghodaghodi and Bhajani Trishakti Municipalities and Bardiya’s Rajapur Municipality have been facing power disruption.
Source : THT