Sabha khola Hydroelectric Project : Dibyashwari Hydropower


    Sabha khola Hydroelectric Project lies in Sankhuwasabha district of Koshi zone in Eastern Development Region. The project is located in Dhupu and Syabun VDC of Sankhuwasabha district. The headworks site is located at about 900m downstream from the confluence of Dhupu khola and Sabhakhola at Dhupu VDC ward no 3 and Okten of Syabun VDC at the other side. The approach canal, headrace canal and penstock alignment will run along the right bank of Sabha Khola in Dhupu VDC. The proposed powerhouse site is located at the right bank of Sabha Khola near Katahare at Dhupu VDC ward no.2. All the components are located on the right bank of Sabhakhola. Geographically the project area is bounded by 521900 and 546860 East and 3031767 and 3043874 north.

                Features of  4 MW Saba Khola Hydroelectric Project

    Type of Project Run-of-River
    Village Development Committee Dhupu VDC
    Districts Shankhuwasabha
    Zone Koshi
    Development Region Eastern Development Region
    Headworks Area Sandhi Khet
    Powerhouse Area Sikri Bagar
    River Sabha Khola


    Annual Net Energy                                                     :           21.78 GWh

    Dry Season Energy                                                      :           2.98 GWh

    Wet Season Energy                                                     :           18.8a GWh

    RCoD                                                                              :

    Project Financing: Dibyashawari Hydropower Ltd has availed financing service from four financial institution for its 4 MW Sabakhola Hydroelectric project.  Nepal Bnak Limited is the Lead Bank and other participating financial institutions are NIDC Development Bannk, Kasthamandap Development Bank and ACE Development Bank.

     Financing pattern: The financing pattern is in the form of 70:30 ratio, 70% amount is financed by bank and financial institutions and remaining 30% is collected from equity.

    Source : Company Website