||AKHPU – Site Office
||Butwal Power Company (BPC) is one of the leading companies in Nepal’s power sector with development, generation and distribution as its core business areas since 1966. BPC has a track record of pioneering multi faceted capacity building initiatives in hydropower development.
||Construction Supervision, site supervision and monitoring.
- Key Performance Areas:
- Strategic Planning
- Periodical review and update strategic plan;
- Be fully conversant with all construction drawings and construction matters in site;
- Ensure that works are being carried out adhering to technical specifications;
- Review and check drawings before providing to contractor t avoid claims and cost as well as time overruns while carrying out the activities at site;
- Review reports and documents submitted by engineers and contactor as necessary.
- Planning and Implementation
- Ensure civil works are carried out as per schedule and monitor its implementation enforcing safety standards;
- Ensure that civil works are carried out with high precision and quality and using standard operating procedures (SoP);
- Plan, coordinate and peer monitor the civil works that are carried out as per construction schedule;
- Check and verify the BoQ, running bills and forward for necessary action;
- Basic knowledge of underground works (Headrace Tunnel, power house and tailrace ETC.)
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Check and report the quality , quantity , workmanship , layout and levels of the
- Check and report the selection of materials, store and placement;
- Keep an eye and discourage the practice of carrying out activities that have non conformity with the stipulated specifications;
- Monitor quality of work.
- Close coordination with Construction manager, construction quality team and the engineers representatives to ensure optimum quality of civil works;
- Coordination with local people to execute work efficiently.
- Information and data record management
- Provide witness of the tests carried out by contractor and keep records;
- Keep a site diary up to date;
- Prepare weekly , monthly and quarterly progress reports;
- Keep up to date with all incoming and outgoing correspondences related to site;
- Keep records of the construction progress photographs.
||Minimum Bachelor in Engineering –Civil or equivalent
||1 year in Civil Engineering or equivalent
||Engineering and Computer literacy, Auto-CAD, MS Excel etc.
||Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali.
Salary and Benefits Package:
Commensurate with the professional experience, qualification and the Company rule.
Source : The Himalayan Times & BPC Website