Investment in Upper Khudi Hydro led by Bank of Kathmandu

278

Bank of Kathmandu and Super Khudi Hydropower Pvt. Ltd. have reached an agreement to provide co-financing loan for the Upper Khudi Hydropower Project. The project is being constructed by Super Khudi Hydropower Company in Marshyangdi village municipality of Lamjung. The member banks of the co-financing led by Bank of Kathmandu are Global IME Bank, Civil Bank, Mega Bank Nepal and Nepal Credit and Commerce Bank.

For the construction of the hydropower project, 70 percent of the total cost will be the co-financing loan of the banks and the remaining 30 percent will be the investment of the company equity. After the completion of the project, the generated electricity will be connected to Tadikuna substation. The required 5 km long 132 kV transmission line up to the substation will be constructed by the company itself. In addition, the bank is confident that the co-financing loan will help in the construction of the project and the construction work of the project will be completed on time.

Bank of Kathmandu has been involved in 34 projects in the energy sector so far.