Arun Valley Hydropower Development Company Limited (NEPSE:AHPC), Nepal’s 2nd largest hydropower company by market capitalisation, strengthened NPR1.0 (or 0.3%) to close at NPR308.0. Compared with the Nepse Index, which rose 4.7 points (or 0.9%) on the day, this was a relative price change of -0.6%. Trading volume was 51% lighter than average. The stock rose for a second day on Sunday bringing its two-day rise to NPR3.0 or 1.0%.
RELATIVE VALUATION INDICATORS [RVI] TECHNICALS
– The price slumped 6.7% in the last month. The stock has been exacerbated by firm volume of 1.3 times average for the month.
– Compared with the Nepse Index which fell 3.4% for the month, this represented a relative price decrease of 3.3% for the month.
– In the Nepalese market of 52 stocks traded today, the stock has a 6-month relative price strength of 21 (it is trailing 79% of the market).
Beta: The Beta of this stock is 0.5. A Beta lower than 1 suggests this is a low risk, low return stock with volatility less than that of the market.
Volume: there were 1,293 shares worth NPR402,554 (US$4,709.9) traded.
% Discount to high: it is at a discount of 21.0% to the 12-month high of NPR390.0 (traded on 29 Apr, 2012).
% Premium to low: it is at a premium of 21.7% to the 12-month low of NPR253.0 (traded on 30 May, 2012).
– The present value of Rs1,000 (PV1000) invested one year ago is NPR1,016 [vs NPR1,636 for the Nepse Index], for a capital gain of NPR16. The total return to shareholders for 1 year is 1.6%.
PV1000 1-week 1-month 1-year AHPC.NEPSE NPR990 NPR933 NPR1,016
– The Relative Strength Index (RSI) of 28.6 has breached the oversold line of 30, suggesting the price decrease in the last 14 days is unusually high.
– The stock is oversold according to the Williams % R indicator of -88.0, suggesting the price is close to its 14-day low.
– The Money Flow Index [MFI] is 14.2 suggesting an oversold 14-day trend, being under 20. The Money Ratio of 0.2 suggests positive money flow was 0.2 times negative money flow.
Description Value Rank In Market MCap US$8.7 million In 3rd Quartile RSI 28.6 Bullish Williams %R -88.0 BullishStochastic 12 Bullish MFI 14.2 Bullish Relative Strength (6M) 21 In Bottom Quartile Price/MAP200 0.97 In Bottom 5%