Thulo Khola Hydropower Project to Start Generating Electricity Within 8 Months

120

KATHMANDU, Dec 10: The 21.3 MW Thulo Khola Hydropower Project completed construction of its tunnel on Saturday.

According to the project, the 2,700 meter long tunnel has been built for the power plant being constructed in Kuinemangale of Raghuganga Rural Municipality-8, Myagdi. Rabindra Hamal, chief of the project, said they completed the breakthrough of the tunnel in 20 months.

The project is now constructing a 600 meter long penstock pipe. While the construction of the 200 meter horizontal shaft is completed, the 100 meter long vertical shaft is half-done. Hamal informed that they will complete installation of the shafts in the next 25 days.

Overall, a total of 70 percent of the construction of the project has been completed. The civil works of the powerhouse are at its final stage. Likewise, the project is preparing for installation of hydromechanical and electromechanical equipment, according to Hamal.

The project has targeted to start electricity production in the next eight months. The generated electricity will be supplied to Tiple Rahughat Substation of the Nepal Electricity Authority.

A total investment of Rs 3.60 billion has been estimated for the project’s construction. Of the amount, 30 percent will be covered from equity shares while the remaining 70 percent will be funded from bank loans.

 

Source : Republica